Google recently updated terms and conditions of it's services. The new Terms will go live on November 11, 2013 for users above 18 and those who accepting new terms . According to the new terms of service your face and name will be shown in Google products including in reviews, advertising and other commercial contexts.
Google's New Terms of Service
Google made three important update in new terms, see below to know the number of changes.
- First, clarifying how your Profile name and photo might appear Google products (including in reviews, advertising and other commercial contexts).
- Second, a reminder to use your mobile devices safely.
- Third, details on the importance of keeping your password confidential, click here to know more.
The new terms of service will be enabled to your account by default, so your profile name and photo will show in ads automatically. And also Google gives easiest solution for users who don't like to show their profile name and photo in ads. Users can stop at anytime from showing your face and name in ads.
- Just click on this link Google endorsements
- Then remove the tick mark from "Based upon my activity, Google may show my name and profile photo in shared endorsements that appear in ads." check box
- Finally click the Save button
That's all your image and name won't show in ads until you re-enable it again.