2-Step verification is the best way to protect your online accounts from hackers. Now Dropbox adds 2-step verification feature, so from now you can secure your files and important data's in Dropbox by adding 2-step verification to your account.
How to :
- First Sign in to your Dropbox account
- Click on your name from the upper-right corner of page.
- In the drop down menu click the Settings link
- In settings section click the Security Tab then see the two step verification section it shows Disabled
- Then click the Change link in Two step verification section.
- Then follow below images
- Then it asks your password give it and click Next
- There are two options available one is using text message(SMS) another one is via mobile app choose any one which you want.
- I selected text message method
- Then select your country and give your number then click the Next button.
- Then you will receive a 6 digit verification code to your given mobile number note it and enter in next step then click next
- Then it shows like below code which will be used when you without having your phone.
- Finally click the Enable two step verification button.
That's all you enabled 2 step verification to your dropbox account. Here after if you login any new device it asks 2 step verification to sign in to your account.