Here comes good news for Nokia Lumia 800 users. Nokia has now announced a new software update (the third software update in four months) for the Lumia 800, which will help bring improvements in battery life. This software version for the Lumia 800 (1600.2487.8107.12070) brings significant improvements in battery performance and power management.
- Enhanced battery standby and talk-time performance
- Fix for non-responsive screen when ending a call
- Improved bass in audio performance
- The back, start, and search keys lit according to screen brightness
- Fix to prevent undesired rebooting in certain network conditions
When to update
Update (1600.2487.8107.12070) is being rolled out at different times to different parts of the world as well as different operators. To know when it’s your turn a generic message will pop up on your screen as soon as you connect your Nokia Lumia 800 to Zune on your computer. Alternatively, you can go to this website and see whether the software is ready for you.
How to Update your Device:
Please do not do any phone calls or other activities on your phone while the software update is in progress. Once you update your software you cannot reset to old version.
- Install the Zune software (Windows) or Windows Phone 7 Connector (Mac OS) on your computer. You'll need this software to download the phone update.
- Connect your phone to your computer, using the USB cable that came with your phone.
- If the Zune software or Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac doesn't start automatically when you connect your phone, start it manually.
- In the Zune software, click Update Now (in Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac, click Install Updates). Make sure you keep your phone connected to your computer until you see a notification that the update is complete.
Please see the simple video tutorial for windows users
If you have more doubts about upadating your device ask your query in comment section.