VLC media player is highly portable and open source media player and streaming media server developed by VideoLAN. It plays everything like CD, DVD, VCD, Blu-Ray and more. VLC supports enormous number of audio and video formats without require additional codec needed. It is available in 53 languages and supports popular platforms such as Windows, Mac, Linux etc.
VLC Media Player has just been updated to version 2.0.2 on Sourceforge. But the update has not been announced officially. As usual VLC has many modification in this version especially Mac OSX.
Some Important updates
- XP machine will now use DirectX mode by default, like in previous versions.
- More accurate colourspaces conversions for YUV->RGB in OpenGL.
- Various fixes on Mac OS X, notably for crop, zoom, osd and menu support
- Add support for the HiDPI mode used on recent Apple products with so-called Retina Displays.
- Accept more extensions for DVD images
- Limitation of spatializer volume output
- Enable drag and drop of playlist items between the temporary playlist and the persistant media library on Mac OS X and more.
Download : VLC 2.0.2 for Windows
Download : VLC 2.0.2 Portable
Download : VLC 2.0.2 for Mac
Download : VLC 2.0.2 for Linux